For all of you beer loving do-gooders out there, take a break from hanging out at Father’s Office or the Surly Goat this Friday and head over to the Los Angeles Zoo for the first annual “Brew at the Zoo”. On August 12th, 2011 from 6pm – 9pm the Los Angeles Zoo will transform itself into one of the best craft beer bars in town with scenery that can’t be beat. Fancy an IPA with an Ibex? An amarillo hopped beer with an armadillo? Or maybe a saison with a spoonbill? Then this is the event for you! With twenty craft breweries from across California attending the event and 6 different types of monkeys to look at, no matter what your taste in beer or animal, you will find something to make you happy at this unique event.
For the ticket price, here is what you get:
- Five ounce collectible sampler glass
- 12 beer sampling tickets to make sure that glass always stays full
- Full access to the beautiful Los Angeles Zoo to spend some much needed quality time with moneys and elephants
- Live musical entertainment
- Yummy pub food at your finger tips
- A sense of goodwill since all proceeds from “Brew at the Zoo” will benefit the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association
This event has a pretty decent line-up of breweries including Stone, The Bruery, Eagle Rock, Firestone Walker, and Brouwerij West as well, which you can’t complain about. Check out the Los Angeles Zoo event page for a full list of all twenty breweries.
Good things to know before showing up:
- This event is 21+, so leave your kids (the child or goat variety) at home
- Doors open at 6pm, but they are recommending you show up around 5:30pm with ID and ticket in hand if you want to avoid being stuck in a line
- Tickets are $40 pre-sale and $45 at the door. You can buy them here
- They are expecting this event to sell out, so don’t be that guy that insists it won’t only to show up and be denied entrace. Get your tickets today and save yourself some embarassement and $5
- You can get a designated driver ticket for $25 (you still have to be 21+, however)